There is no better way to celebrate your freedom to read whatever you want than to have someone take that freedom away. So we are doing just that.
Voters must choose one of seven carefully selected titles from ALA’s list of banned and/or challenged books. Titles up for removal and the reasons they should be banned from RPL’s collection are:
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (Profanity, Sexual Content, Drug References)
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (Sexually Explicit, Homosexual Themes)
- The Call of the Wild by Jack London (Bloody Violence, Animal Cruelty)
- The Holy Bible (Sexually Explicit, Racist, Violence to Children and Women)
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Racist, Derogatory, Offensive to American Indians)
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (Excessive Violence, Includes Profanity, Racist)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Filthy and Trashy, Racist, Sexual Content)
Voting is open through October 1st and you can vote for the book you don’t think our customers should have access to by clicking here.