Original comic by Lisa Nowlain
So! This debate seems to be a great button-pusher in the Children’s Librarian world. Here’s my two cents – and I do want to locate my comic in my identity as an agnostic/white lady librarian. The comments and points were pulled from the following blogs, and were summaries and paraphrases:
- Librarians, Check Your Holidays at the Door – Kendra Jones – Storytime Underground – 11/12/2014
- Speaking out about Holiday Programming at the Library – Kendra Jones – ALSC Blog – 12/25/2014
- Ditch Holiday Programming – Kendra Jones – School Library Journal – 11/24/2014
- Crankypants Monday – Roger Sutton – Horn Book – 12/1/2014
- Jumping Off the Holiday Bandwagon – Lindsey Krabbenhoft – Jbrary – 11/26/2014
- and this Facebook post by Rebecca McCorkindale
This month’s Caption Contest (I promise it will be monthly! The summer break is over, officially – I’m even wearing a sweater today!) Fill out this Google Form to provide your caption and participate.
The winner of last post’s Caption Contest was Carrie Hummel! See the final comic below!
Lisa Nowlain is the Harold W. McGraw Jr. Fellow and Children’s Librarian at Darien Library in Darien, CT. She is also an artist-type (see more at www.lisanowlain.com).