Are you attending the 2023 Annual ALA Conference next month? We’d love to have you consider writing guest posts for the ALSC Blog about what you are learning and experiencing by joining us as a #alaac23 Guest Contributor!
Taking place in Chicago from June 22nd through the 27th, the 2023 ALA conference will be filled with programming, keynotes, networking, and much more. It promises to be an awesome learning opportunity, and YOU could help bring information from the conference to those who are #leftbehind.
#alaac23 guest contributors will help those unable to attend experience the Conference. You may have already read about the Rally for the Right to Read: Uniting for Libraries & Intellectual Freedom and News You Can Use – Activating Community Support with Unite Against Book Bans in this post, or Talk Story: Centering Oral Traditions to Advance Literacy Justice and Transform Community Relationship and Transformative Outreach-Growth Through Impactful Partnerships and Inquiry-Based Programming through this post, but there is so much more going on which those unable to attend would like to hear about, including:
- the ALA President’s Program with Lessa Kanani’opua Pelayo-Lozada &
- an author session with Cara Mentzel & Idina Menzel, moderated by John Schu
- the Newbery-Caldecott-Legacy Awards Banquet
- the closing session with Amanda Gorman & Christian Robinson
Or you might want to help those unable to attend learn more about inclusive programming, unique partnership opportunities, and connecting with underserved communities through writing about some of the many programs being offered including:
- Transforming Everyday Spaces: Deepening Equity in Early Childhood Learning
- Strategies for Teaching and Promoting Data Literacy Skills among Students and Librarians
- Jazzing up Youth Creativity: Free Arts Programs for Libraries
- and many more
Are YOU attending this year’s ALA Conference? Would you be willing to share some of what you are learning with ALSC Blog readers? If YOU are interested in writing brief updates about the programs you attend, the speakers you hear, or the information you are learning, please let us know by filling out the Conference Blogging Interest Form. We hope to hear from you soon!