It’s getting close to #alaac22! One month from today, the 2022 ALA Annual Conference will be in full swing, live and in-person, in Washington, DC! Are you attending? We’d love to have you participate as a Conference Blogger for the ALSC Blog!
Some of the activities which will take place – which you could write about for those unable to attend – include:
- The Newbery/Caldecott/Legacy Banquet
- ALSC educational programs including
- Beyond Booklists: Family Engagement through Race & Culture Education at the Library
- Don’t Talk at Them – Learn with Them! Facilitation Strategies and Resources to Help Your Library Engage Young Patrons in STEAM Learning Experiences
- Inspiring the Next Generation to Champion Social Justice through Speech and Debate
- The 2022 Charlemae Hill Rollins President’s Program featuring featuring David Bowles, Dr. Cora Dunkley, and Michaela Goade
- Newbery 100 Celebration (more information coming soon!)
- So much more! Check out the complete day-to-day schedule of ALSC events at the conference. And don’t forget that you could also write about the exhibit hall, the keynote speakers, networking opportunities, and your general experiences at our first “in-person” conference in several years.
Does the idea of volunteering as a conference blogger intrigue you? Simply fill out the Conference Blogging Interest Form. We’ll get back with you with all the information you’ll need to join the ALSC Blog Conference Blogger Team.
Mary R. Voors is the ALSC Blog Manager and the former manager of the Children’s Services department of the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, IN. She loves reading picture books, early chapter books, YA fiction & nonfiction, and the occasional book written for adults. In her spare time, Mary has taken up competitive powerlifting.