The ALSC 2020 Virtual Institute, one of the only conferences devoted solely to children’s librarianship, literature, and technology, is taking place in just a few weeks on October 2nd and 3rd. This year’s schedule includes six general sessions of authors, illustrators, and thought leadership in children’s literacy and development; a robust slate of education programs; and other virtual networking opportunities.
The ALSC Blog would love your help! We are looking for Virtual Institute attendees to volunteer as live bloggers; these live bloggers are invited to write about what they are learning and experiencing as they attend sessions so those who are #leftbehind can share your excitement and enthusiasm.
If you are attending, you could report on programs which are tracked according to group theme: Collaborate, Include, Innovate, Respond.
Check out the great list of programs for each track:
- Collaborating to Create Welcoming Spaces for Children, Youth and Families
- Curiosity Kitchen – Promoting Healthy Living through Programming and Partnerships
- Engaging Families with Informational Text through PBS KIDS and Molly of Denali
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within ALSC: Updates, Tools, and Takeaways
- Diversity Needs Jewish Books: A Missing Piece of the Diversity Conversation
- Universal Design for Learning and Storytime: An Inclusive Approach to Early Literacy at the Library
- You Look Like Me! Challenges, Strengths, and Opportunities for BIPOC Library Staff Working with Children
- Youth Services Leadership – Influence and Support
- From Seed to STEM: How Seed Grants Grew Early STEM Learning in Minnesota Libraries
- Global Citizens Academy: Creating Cross Cultural Experiences for Disadvantaged Youth
- Play-Based Community Engagement: Enhancing Early Learning Services through Play-Centered Outreach, Library Installations, and Programming
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: Designing Immersive Learning Youth Programs
- Help! My Child Is Learning How to Read!: Supporting K-3rd Graders and Their Families
- Kindergarten Readiness: Fostering Well-Rounded Preschoolers
Are you attending the Virtual Institute? Are you interested in being a live blogger for the ALSC Blog? We’d love to have your contributions!
For more information about how you can become a live blogger, contact Mary Voors, ALSC Blog manager, at email@example.com.
(Registration for the 2020 Virtual Institute is still open. Click here to find out more about registration. The registration deadline is September 30, 2020.)
This blog post is aligned with the ALSC Core Competencies.