Be a part of history!
Join the Notable Children’s Recordings meetings from the comfort and privacy of your home or office. The ALSC Notable Children’s Recordings committee is taking their public discussions to you!
This committee normally holds their evaluation meetings in an open, public forum at the Mid-Winter and Annual conferences. Without an in-person Annual Conference, this committee, as well as the Notable Children’s Books committee, will host their discussions over Zoom, and YOU are invited to listen in. Audience members do not contribute to the discussion, but listen as the committee members debate each of the items on their discussion lists as they search for materials that meet the Notable criteria. This is an opportunity to hear about some audio books and music that have been published in the first half of 2020; it is also an opportunity to learn about the evaluation process.
Ten titles a day will be discussed over two meetings to be held on Wednesday, July 1 and Thursday July 2 at 3:00 pm Central time.. Registration information can be found here: http://www.ala.org/alsc/confevents/annual
Below you’ll find the Notable Children’s Recordings list in discussion order.
- Applegate, Katherine. The One and Only Bob. HarperCollins Audio. $17.99
- Barrows, Annie. The Best of Iggy. Listening Library. $15.00
- Cisneros, Ernesto. Efren Divided. HarperCollins Audio. $17.99
- Costner, Arianne. My Life as a Potato. Listening Library. $44.00
- Cowell, Cressida. The Wizards of Once: Knock Three Times. Hachette Audio. $24.98
- Dean, Justin. Awesome Dog 5000 vs. Mayor Bossypants (Book 2). Listening Library. $28.00
- Dee, Barbara. Maybe He Just Likes You. Listening Library. $45.00
- Elliott, Zetta. Say Her Name. Recorded Books. $23.00
- Harrell, Rob. Wink. Listening Library. $45.00
- Hirsche, Jessica. Tomorrow I’ll Be Brave. Listening Library. $22.00
- Keller, Tae. When You Trap a Tiger. Listening Library. $45.00
- Littler, Jamie. Voyage of the Frostheart. Listening Library. $56.00
- Lyons, Kelly Starling. Going Down Home With Daddy. Dreamscape Media. $14.99
- Marks, Janae. From the Desk of Zoe Washington. HarperCollins Audio. $20.99
- Lindsay Monroe. I Am Kind. Troubadour Music. $9.49
- Myers, Walter Dean. 145th Street: Short Stories. Listening Library. $38.00
- The Okee Dokee Brothers. Songs for Singin’. Okee Dokee Music. $9.98
- Jose-Luis Orozco. Muevete: Songs for a Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body. Smithsonian Folkways Recordings.
- Rebel Girls. Dr. Wangari Maathai Plants a Forest. Listening Library. $28.00
- Reynolds, Jason and Ibram X. Kendi. Stamped: Racism, Anti-Racism, and You. Hachette Audio. $24.98
Nate Halsan, chair of the Notable Children’s Recordings committee, invites you to stop by to learn more about audiobook and children’s music evaluation and to listen to discussion about some of 2020’s best recordings.
Check the ALSC Blog this afternoon for the complete list of possible Notable Children’s Books which will be discussed and information about how to register to observe those meetings.
This post addresses the following ALSC Core Competency: IV. Knowledge, Curation, and Management of Materials