ALSC announced the opening of spring 2017 applications for the ALSC Mentoring Program. The program, which is open to members and non-members, is intended to help strengthen connections in the field and build the confidence of a new cohort of leaders. Applications are now open for both mentors and mentees. The application process ends on Friday, February 24, 2017.
The program lasts one year. There are separate applications for mentors and mentees. Mentee applicants should be aware of the following information:
- Mentee applicants do not need to be ALSC or ALA members.
- Mentees should have some connection to children’s library service and must be 18 or have permission from a parent/guardian.
- Mentees may be students, early career professionals, individuals returning to the profession, or those who would like to refine their skills, make connections, and learn more about children’s librarianship as a career.
Mentor applicants should be aware of the following information:
- Mentor applicants should be ALSC and ALA members
- Mentors do not need to be managers or directors; early career professional are encouraged to apply as mentors, provided they believe they have something to offer a prospective mentee
- Mentors should have some experience with ALSC volunteering or committee service
The mentoring program was developed through the hard work of the ALSC Membership and Managing Children’s Services Committees. ALSC cannot guarantee that every applicant will be matched. Matches will be notified of their status by Friday, April 7, 2017.
Thank You Spring 2016 Participants!
Spring 2016 Mentors
Spring 2016 Mentees