- The Sunnyvale Library Make-HER blog offers fantastic inspiration. From: Conversation Starter: From Maker to Make-HER: Leveling the STEM Playing Field for Girls.
- Look at your existing resources people, meeting rooms, digital, etc. Are you using them to their greatest potential? From Session: So You Didn’t Get the Awesome Teen DigiTechnoSuperLab: Now What? Joslyn Jones was funny, smart and offered valuable information.
- Change is inevitable. When the work environment is in transition, most everyone experiences anxiety. You can control your situation in the long-term. Transform yourself. Make yourself more valuable to your library and community. From: No Sugarcoating Allowed: Four Honest Perspectives on Change Management.
- Social media is a powerful tool that can be used to connect not only with our customer base, but also with authors. Virtual author visits anyone? From: riding the shuttle bus with the energetic and cool School Librarian and ALSC Live Blogger Stacey Rattner.
- Moving outside your comfort zone is a good thing. Librarians are naturally helpful. So if you need help navigating your first conference or getting a ride to the airport when it is all over, just ask. ALSC also has a mentor program. You can check it out here.
- If you can’t make it to an in person event, try these online learning opportunities offered by ALSC.
I had a wonderful time at #alaac15. I enjoyed learning and sharing with the amazing librarians, writers and artists. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and making my experience so grand.
Youth Services Librarian
Santa Clarita Public Library
Thanks for the shout out, Angela! I appreciate it! 🙂