Are you heading to the ALA Annual Conference at the end of this month? Would you like to help keep ALSC Blog readers informed about what you’re learning in Chicago?
Our readers would LOVE to hear about your ALA experiences. Through your eyes, blog readers can experience some of the special 75th Anniversary Caldecott programming including:
- A Wild Ride: 75 Years of the Caldecott Medal
- Play, Pretend, and Dream: Caldecott Medal and Honor Books, 2010—2013
- Newbery-Caldecott-Wilder Banquet
And there are lots of other activities going on at the ALA Conference which you could write about including:
- Networking and learning at Leadership & ALSC
- Celebrating the 2013 Coretta Scott King Book Awards winners at the annual breakfast honoring the year’s best African American authors and illustrators of books for children and youth.
- Opportunities to learn more about ALSC at ALSC 101
- The celebration of Latino children’s literature at the 2013 Pura Belpré Celebracií²n
- Joining the GLBT Round Table as it recognizes the winners and honorees in adult, children’s and young adult book categories at the Stonewall Book Awards Brunch
- The exhibits!
- and so much more! (Check out the full ALSC schedule which includes descriptions of the conference programs sponsored by ALSC)
If you are attending ALA Annual and are interested in lending your thoughts about the Conference to this blog, please contact Mary Voors, ALSC Blog manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to have your contributions!