Libraries, schools, and community organizations across the country celebrate Día in different ways; the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) invites everyone who organizes a Día program to register it in the National Día Program Registry. By registering your program you:
- Help build a database that showcases all types and sizes of Día programming.
- Your community members are able to search our database to find out where their closest Día program is located.
- Receive free brightly designed stickers, buttons and bookmarks (while supplies last) in either English or Spanish to help your community celebrate!
- Help us plan for Día 2014 – The data captured through this registration helps us determine what useful materials and resources we can provide for next year to better serve participating libraries.
- Become an advocate for nurturing cognitive and literacy development in ways that honor and embrace a child’s home language and culture. When we are able to show law makers and media outlets how many libraries celebrate Día we are able to effect change!
You can register your program at the Día homepage and don’t forget to grab your free resources while you’re there!