This is your final month to enter the ALSC/YALSA video contest. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3! First make a short video showcasing the digital lives of tweens and young teens at your library. Next, upload the video to YouTube. Third, wait for the announcement that your video will be shown at the first ever joint Presidents’ Program at ALA Annual 2012 and cross your fingers that you will be the luck winner of a $100 Amazon gift card!
This contest is part of the first ever ALSC and YALSA Joint Presidents’ Program to be held at ALA Anaheim. You do not need to be a ALSC or YALSA member to submit a video.
The program will focus on tweens and young teens and exploring their use of technology. What is the life of a tween or young teen like in this digital age? What are the particular challenges and opportunities they face online? What should libraries be doing? Library futurist Stephen Abram and renowned researcher Michelle Poris will be the featured speakers at this special event.
Selected videos will be shown at the ALSC and YALSA Joint Presidents’ Program to provide frontline reporting on the digital lives of tweens and young teens. All video entrants will be eligible to win a $100 Amazon gift card.
- Videos should be 2-3 minutes in length and created for a librarian audience.
- Videos should showcase programming, interviews, insights, etc. relating to tweens, young teens, technology, and libraries. (Note–you are responsible for securing appropriate consent for public distribution of your video).
- Post it on YouTube with the tag “youthprezprogram12”.
- Email co-chairs Tessa Michaelson Schmidt and Sarah Couri at email@example.com with the YouTube link and your contact information.
- Deadline for submissions: Monday, April 30, 2012 at midnight.
- Questions? Contact the Joint Presidents’ Program co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our guest blogger today is Tessa Michaelson Schmidt. Tessa is the Youth and Special Needs Library Consultant at the Wisconsin State Library and is the co-chair of the Joint Presidents’ Program at ALA at Anaheim.
If you’d like to write a guest post for the ALSC Blog, please contact Mary Voors, ALSC Blog manager, at email@example.com.