Yee-haw! Saddle up and check out these new books from Scholastic.
Last night I had the pleasure to attend the Scholastic Author Round-Up at the Omni Hotel. Emcee John Mason, Director of School & Library Marketing, got us in the mood for entertainment with his lighthearted jokes and head-to-toe cowboy gear (including guns – no worries, they were plastic).
Authors performed reader’s theater and I don’t have the words to tell you how fantastic they were, but I will tell you that if you ever, and I mean EVER have a chance to see/hear David Levithan in read aloud, do it!! I do wish he would narrate his own audio books. What a delight that would be! While Mr. Levithan was the star of my show, everyone (honestly, this is not a lie, every single one) who got up on that stage was incredible. So the reading was great, but they weren’t just reading anything, they were reading their beautifully crafted words from their amazing new books. I can not wait to read every single lovely book that they gave us. I already know they are wonderful titles, each and every one. You must be dying to know what they are, so without further ado:
- Irises by Francisco X. Stork
- The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Curveball: The year I lost my grip by Jordan Sonnenblick
- Ghost Buddy: Zero to hero by Henry Winkler & Lin Oliver
- Those Rebels, John & Tom by Barbara Kerley, illustrated by Edwin Fotheringham
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
- The Moon Over High Street by Natalie Babbitt will be released in March.
- Discover More, a new print and digital leveled program was released this month. Each print title comes with a FREE, unlimited use digital companion book. Yeah, they said FREE and they meant it.
Thanks, Scholastic, for the preview and the dessert!