Two words – water. slide.
Ok, technically not one of the takeaways, but WOW! what a site for a conference!
The FLA Conference will be held at Caribe Royale in Orlando, Florida for two more years. That’s two more chances to enjoy an amazing facility in the tinsel-coated heart of Orlando. You have to be a guest to sashay down the slippery path of watery fun, but it is so worth it!
Turns out, I’m the only one who said this was a top-five takeaway. Let’s explore what everyone else had to say.
Here’s Your Top 10 Takeaways!
- Networking! This was the #1 of the takeaways by FLA conference attendees in an informal, unscientific poll. Networking is a chance to catch up with colleagues, make new ones and hear about the latest from around the Sunshine State.
- Pre-Conference Rocked! – “We received very practical, helpful information that could be utilized immediately.”
- Performers Showcase – Hands down! The showcase had an amazing array of incredible talent from around the world: “It was like going to a rock concert. It had everything.”
- Can’t. Pick. Just. One. Thing! – [brain explodes]
Went to a session Friday Morning on Job Fairs, Quite informative!!
The Human Library, followed by Thomas Fenton’s Leadership breakout session.
The keynote speaker, Toni Tipton-Martin was pretty inspiring as well.
- Hands-on clay to STEM program was superlative! (Editor: way to plug your own session, Jonathan!)
- Session on nurturing empathy in children through multicultural programming was inspiring and motivated me to want to make a difference!
- Poolside Ukulele Jam! – what a way to raise money for the scholarship fund!
Eye candy Takeaways!
All photo takeaways courtesy of Elise VanCise.