…and the living is busy! Anyone who is in the business of children’s services in a library is busy right now. I’m surprised you even have time to read this! Summer Reading Club is sheer madness for library staff, but we all know the rewards are great. This summer, we’ve been madly rushing to get ready for a Wild Animal Puppet Show, in which we use our beautiful Folkmanis puppets and pretend they are real, presenting a “Steve Irwin” type program teaching facts and fun about the animals we bring along. My summer assistant is agreeably wearing a costume to go along with the charade. We are doing a bubble program, and trying to work out the best bubble solution and figure ways to remind 7-year olds NOT to breathe in when playing with soap; spending a lot of time making toys with masking tape, string, and Dixie cups, and watching for sales at the Salvation Army so we can stock up on t-shirts for our Teen Tee Parties. I am preparing stories to share at an Autism Camp, writing missions for Humans vs. Zombies, stocking up on stickers, pencils, and tattoos, keeping all the branches supplied with everything they need to make summer a reading joy for kids. Busy? You bet! Gotta go, puppet show starts in 20 minutes!
Search the ALSC Blog
ALSC Blog on the Go
Get the ALSC Blog news delivered free to your email or to your reader:
ALSC on Twitter
- Using the Bookstore Model t.co/yu8pUj6Imd Time ago 1 Day
- Board Book Storage t.co/tl11pEQDxJ Time ago 2 Days
- RT @nazarethcollege: Excited to partner with @alscblog to bring author of "War Horse" Michael Morpurgo to Nazareth! t.co/C6JKGyrd5r Time ago 3 Days
- MT @alajenna: So excited about today's free ALSC Webinar on young children and media with Dr. Chip Donohue! @earlychildhood #alscYCM Time ago 3 Days
- You've got program ideas for #ala14 and #alsc14. We want them! Submit your program proposal by June 7, 2013: t.co/AQid4jJXWC Time ago 3 Days
Follow @alscblog on twitter.