On Friday, October 28 from 2:00-3:00 PM EST (1 PM CT, 12 PM MT, 11 AM PT), ALSC President Mary Fellows will host a live chat for ALSC members. Board members will share division news from the fall Executive Committee meeting, and respond to questions.
Following updates and questions, the chat will focus on ALSC members’ needs in serving tweens. The goal of this part of the chat is to assemble ideas that might help ALSC better meet the needs of members in this area.
ALSC members are invited to view and comment on discussion questions prior to the chat, particularly if unable to participate on October 28th. The discussion will also continue after the live chat on the ALSC division mainpage of ALA Connect, http://connect.ala.org/alsc. Members are also invited to post questions for the Board on other matters under the Community Forum post. As many questions will be accommodated as time allows during the chat.
Getting Connected to the Community Forum
Worried about locating the Community Forum on ALA Connect tomorrow, Friday, October 28 at 1 PM Central? Here are some steps to logging in and finding the “Chats” sections in Connect:
- 1. Open a browser and type in the URL: http://connect.ala.org.
- 2. Login with your ALA username and password. This is found on the left-hand side of the page. If you have trouble with your username or password, you can request a new one using your email. After requesting a new password, please be sure to check your spam filter in case the email winds up there.
- 3. Once logged in, find the “My ALA Groups” tab below the ALA Connect icon. This will bring up a drop-down menu. Under “Division” you will find your ALSC Group. Click on it.
- 4. After you’ve open the ALSC Group on Connect, you will need to access the “Chat” link. This is located on the right-hand navigation menu under the name of the group ( “ALSC – Association for Library Service to Children”). Click on the “Chats” link. This will take you to the ALSC Chat room.
- 5. Once in the ALSC Chat room, you should see the “Community Forum” chat session. Click on the link to join in the chat.