I know that we all struggle with following copyright but also needing music and videos to use in programs and on websites. Infopeople is offering a free webinar on this subject featuring Mary Minow, an attorney and former librarian who specializes in copyright issues. The one-hour webcast will be held on June 17 at noon (Pacific Time so adjust for your time zone). Go to Infopeople for information and a set-up Wizard for the webinar software. No registration is required; just click on the link a few minutes before the start time. While not specifically for youth librarians, it looks like we would benefit from the information. If you can’t attend in real-time, an archived file will be available after the program.
Search the ALSC Blog
ALSC Blog on the Go
Get the ALSC Blog news delivered free to your email or to your reader:
ALSC on Twitter
- Reorganizing Non-fiction: A Dewey Hybrid Model t.co/ZJqo7Z0NwA Time ago 7 Hours
- RT @edutopia: "When students feel safe and supported, they are truly ready and able to learn." #parenting t.co/625PosN1cK Time ago 14 Hours
- We're excited to announce the Read! Build! Play! 2013 Summer Reading List t.co/koqWYUUI7E w/ @LEGO_Group Time ago 15 Hours
- RT @sljournal: Author/Illustrator Bernard Waber, Lyle the Crocodile Creator, Dies at 91 t.co/8icWg3SAnr Time ago 15 Hours
- Hooray! RT @alajenna: Yay for the LEGO DUPLO Read! Build! Play! 2013 Summer Reading Lists! t.co/53MoJVHtu3 #SRP Time ago 16 Hours
Follow @alscblog on twitter.