This would be self-promotion because I wrote the new edition except that the manual is available free for all. The Texas State Library has published an updated (3rd edition) of the standard weeding manual which outlines the CREW method for weeding collections. One thing I tried to do was include more specifically about weeding children’s materials. Some paper copies will be available directly from the Texas State Library later this year and they have in the past been very generous in allowing other organizations to print copies. Click on the title to go to the Texas State Library webpage for CREW where you can download a pdf copy of CREW: A Weeding Manual for Modern Libraries. Also available there are some powerpoints and other materials that can be used (with credit) for training staff. I always welcome feedback and additional ideas for a future edition!
Search the ALSC Blog
ALSC Blog on the Go
Get the ALSC Blog news delivered free to your email or to your reader:
ALSC on Twitter
- RT @sophiebiblio: The incomparable @FuseEight for #30awesome, ladies & germs: Children's Librarians Can Do Anything. t.co/GocevbrXJd Time ago 17 Hours
- Thanks Amy! MT @amygrav: Signed up to work the ALSC booth at Annual. Did you? t.co/88aAqlIufa #ala2013 Time ago 19 Hours
- Reorganizing Non-fiction: A Dewey Hybrid Model t.co/ZJqo7Z0NwA Time ago 1 Day
- RT @edutopia: "When students feel safe and supported, they are truly ready and able to learn." #parenting t.co/625PosN1cK Time ago 2 Days
- We're excited to announce the Read! Build! Play! 2013 Summer Reading List t.co/koqWYUUI7E w/ @LEGO_Group Time ago 2 Days
Follow @alscblog on twitter.