This would be self-promotion because I wrote the new edition except that the manual is available free for all. The Texas State Library has published an updated (3rd edition) of the standard weeding manual which outlines the CREW method for weeding collections. One thing I tried to do was include more specifically about weeding children’s materials. Some paper copies will be available directly from the Texas State Library later this year and they have in the past been very generous in allowing other organizations to print copies. Click on the title to go to the Texas State Library webpage for CREW where you can download a pdf copy of CREW: A Weeding Manual for Modern Libraries. Also available there are some powerpoints and other materials that can be used (with credit) for training staff. I always welcome feedback and additional ideas for a future edition!
Search the ALSC Blog
ALSC Blog on the Go
Get the ALSC Blog news delivered free to your email or to your reader:
ALSC on Twitter
- Using the Bookstore Model t.co/yu8pUj6Imd Time ago 1 Day via dlvr.it
- Board Book Storage t.co/tl11pEQDxJ Time ago 2 Days via dlvr.it
- RT @nazarethcollege: Excited to partner with @alscblog to bring author of "War Horse" Michael Morpurgo to Nazareth! t.co/C6JKGyrd5r Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- MT @alajenna: So excited about today's free ALSC Webinar on young children and media with Dr. Chip Donohue! @earlychildhood #alscYCM Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- You've got program ideas for #ala14 and #alsc14. We want them! Submit your program proposal by June 7, 2013: t.co/AQid4jJXWC Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
Follow @alscblog on twitter.