Add ALSC to your Annual Conference schedule with exciting programs, events and giveaways!
- Decide ahead of time which ALSC programs and meetings you want to attend by viewing: http://www.ala.org/ala/alsc/alscevents/alscannual/alsc08programs.cfm
- WIN a ticket to the ALSC event of the year—the Newbery Caldecott Banquet! For those who have not yet bought tickets to Sunday’s banquet, visit the ALA/ALSC booth (#1840) and enter our raffle for your chance to win. The drawing will take place at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday; winner need not be present to win.
- Flashy ALSC giveaways and member ribbons will be available at our exhibits booth, so don’t forget to stop by!
- Fear not ALSC newbies, “ALSC 101: Making Connections” is here to help! Join us Friday from 4 – 6 p.m. in the Annual Conference Center room 201A/B to learn more about ALSC, meet fellow new members and get some great conference tips! Can’t make it on Friday? A mini “ALSC 101” will be held in the ALA Membership Pavilion in the ALA booth (#1840) in the exhibits hall on Monday morning from 9:30 – 10 a.m. For helpful conference tips, visit the ALSC Wiki at http://wikis.ala.org/alsc/index.php/Helpful_Tips_for_First_Time_Conference_Attendees
- End your busy Saturday at ALSC’s Annual Happy Hour! Join us at Roy’s from 5 – 7 p.m. for a cash bar, good times and great friends both old and new. Roy’s is located at the Anaheim Garden Walk, 321 W. Katella Ave, Suite #105. Visit http://www.roysrestaurant.com/ to learn more about Roy’s.
- STUDENTS! Connect with other student members at our first ever ALSC Student Mix and Mingle taking place Sunday from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. in the ALA Member Pavilion on the Exhibits floor.
- No trip is complete without a little shopping! Stop by the onsite ALA Store to pick-up ALSC products, such as our Born to Read and Every Child Ready to Read materials