Name and title/position at ALSC: Linda Mays. Program Officer, Projects and Partnerships. This includes managing grants we receive to further certain projects, such as El día de los niños/El día de los libros. I also work with outside organizations to promote libraries and literacy, such as PBS and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.
Education: BA in English and Journalism
Family (including pets!): No siblings; but I have 23 cousins, and I stay in touch with all of them.
Years with ALSC/ALA: 7 with ALSC; 10 (this April) with ALA
Favorite Children’s book (as a child): Black Beauty
Favorite Children’s book (today): Too many to mention
Favorite Author: Richard Peck is one among many.
What celebrity would you like to meet (if any)? Anna Quindlen; she is so insightful.
What junk food is your downfall? Ice cream; any flavor
Favorite vacation spot? Vancouver, B.C.
If you weren’t working at ALSC, what would your dream job be? Honestly, this is my dream job. I think the work of ALSC lets all the staff know that we make a difference.
Search the ALSC Blog
ALSC Blog on the Go
Get the ALSC Blog news delivered free to your email or to your reader:
ALSC on Twitter
- What You Can Do to Encourage your Child to Write a Poem t.co/5efeXjBTls Time ago 9 Hours
- “Screen Time” is Bad t.co/5i45sIqsKg Time ago 20 Hours
- Book to Film: Good Night, Mr. Tom t.co/FW0KncKd8D Time ago 21 Hours
- RT @readingrockets: Got a jr. detective or explorer at home? Find themed books, activities, apps & more: t.co/ry2hDeXvd7 #SRP Time ago 1 Day
- RT @amygrav: The #alscchat transcript from 5/9 is now online: t.co/b1Tmn6t1qr. Thanks to @africahands for her help with that. Time ago 1 Day
Follow @alscblog on twitter.